Mahdavia Islamic Center of Chicago (MICC)
It was March 4, 1990; a group of well wishers of Mahdavia community has decided to form an organization - Mahdavia Islamic Center of Chicago (MICC). Alhamdulillah, after more than 20 years, MICC has grown to a full-fledged organization providing many services to Mahdavia community not only in the Chicago area but in other parts of the United States and Canada. MICC is blessed first with the arrival of Hazrat Peer O Murshid Abulfatah Syed Nusrat Sahab Qibla. His services are innumerable and it is difficult to sum up in a short history of MICC. The organization has accomplished a lot over these years. Here are few of them:
- The purchase of the MICC buildings, which includes the Masjid and the Function Hall (Ladies Hall), which are fully paid off.
- The purchase of cemetery plots, where MICC owns a total of two hundred sixty two grave plots at Rose Hill Cemetery located on Peterson Ave in Chicago.
- Utilization of our Masjid for performing Daily and Friday prayers, and the ability to host other events such as Jalsa's, Behra-e-Aam's, and other religious gatherings under the supervision of Hazrath Peer-o-Murshid Syed Nusrath Tashreefullahi with his Waaz-o-Bayaan.
- Arrangement of Taraveeh prayers, and Iftar/Dinner program each year during Ramzaan by our two Huffaz; Hafiz Mohammed Asadullah Khan and Hafiz Syed Khundmir Sirajuddin.
- Arrangement of the Shab-e-Qadr prayer each year during Ramzaan for the constantly growing population within our Community in the United States.
- Implementation of the Nazar Mohammed Khan Educational Scholarship program. In the year 2009-2010, MICC has offered three scholarships of $2,500.00 each to any student of Mahdavia community who intends to go into the field of Political Science, Journalism, or Law.
- Establishment of a direct deposit program (ACH) to make it easy for the community members to donate to MICC.
- Establishment of a message broadcasting service that will send you a message regarding the current events at MICC. You can call MICC at (773) 262-6680 to find out about the prayer timings and upcoming events.
- Establishment of Youth Programs to encourage young generation to actively participate in MICC's programs.
- With the arrival of Mufti Janab Syed Zameer Mahdi Sahab in 2011, he started many new programs that include day-long Religious Workshops and allows for open communication with community members on issues relating to Islamic Jurisprudence (Fiqh) in addition to the Mahdavia faith and practices.
- Development of our own curriculum to provide Islamic education and the teaching of Qur’an, Hadith, and the teachings of our Imam, Mahdi-al-Ma’ud (AS) to children and elders.
- Establishment of several sub-committees to facilitate the activities of the organization.
- Establishment of a Matrimonial Service for the community members.
- Development and launch of the MICC Website.
It is important for us to mention that MICC could not function without the support of all our community members within the United States and Canada. It is your commitment, support, and effort that make this organization successful.